View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 12:17 AM   #1239
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Liked the story, Kenny. I always like the way you set up contrasts to create an impact. This one is entirely unsubtle way before the end, but in flash fiction there's not a lot of space for subtlety.

There were a couple of corrections I thought:

Quote:
Hell this is nineteen fuckin’ sixty-nine you’d think they’d freeze dry all this shit.
I thought you might want punctuation between the two clauses.

Quote:
I couldn’t’ tell
The extra apostrophe?

I don't have any issue with the simplistic language as it fits the narrator perfectly. I could do with a couple less swear words as it might have gone a little overboard, but again, it fits.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote