View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 04:37 AM   #8
Ansileran
Zealot
Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Aura HD, Cybook Odyssey HD
So I'm still looking for the perfect reader to buy... I have updated my requirements a bit :
  • Required:
    • Format supported: epub, pdf, txt
    • Ability to display the following languages (epub/txt): French, German, Chinese, Russian, Spanish and of course English
    • Translation dictionaries for the above languages (natively or added)
    • Collections/shelves... whatever the name
    • sd/micro-sd card
    • easy to turn pages one handed
    • not heavier than my PRS-505 (around 260g)
  • Desired:
    • Frontlit
    • 7inch-ish screen
    • Book rating and order by rating (when browsing the library)
    • Book summary displayed when browsing library (directly - no "long press")
    • easy to turn pages one handed when holding with the left hand, even with a "book style" cover
    • Edit the collections without a specific software
    • PDF reflow
  • Bonus:
    • Handwritten notes (wacom style stylus)
    • Cheap ^^

So here is the list of the readers I checked and whether they meet my requirements
  • Kindle: No
  • Sony: ?
  • Kobo: No (damn, I really liked the Aura)
  • Onyx: Languages?
  • Cybook: Yes
  • PocketBook: Chinese?
  • Boyue: No
  • Hanwang (Hanvon): Languages? (I like the N618)
  • Nook: not interested
  • Ectaco: didn't see anything that fit

So did I miss any reader (e-ink only) that would fit? Or got the characteristics wrong? The latest Cybook doesn't look half bad, having at least another to choose from would be best though.

Thanks!
Ansileran is offline   Reply With Quote