View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 02:16 AM   #31
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Glo, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH59 View Post
I've had this issue since the Glo updated to 2.6.1., but a little while ago everything locked up altogether and the page refused to turn. I managed to get something to happen by putting it into sleep and then waking up again, but then it locked up again. My husband's Glo has locked up a few times now, usually when playing Sudoku.

I've just done a factory reset, but when I connected to Kobo Desktop it appeared to be syncing again, and lo and behold, I am back to 2.6.1 instead of 2.5.1. I will see how it goes, and then try again to revert to the old version where everything worked fine.
The update to 2.6.1 is normal behaviour. What you will need to do is to download the 2.5.1 firmware from the Direct Links to Kobo Firmware thread ( http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185660 ).

Unpack the .zip file and save it in a convenient location. Do the factory reset and connect your Glo to your computer for the setup and so forth. DO NOT EJECT the Glo when the desktop software is done.

Locate the internal storage of your Glo and open the .kobo directory. Inside that directory, delete the upgrade directory and the KoboRoot.tgz and manifest.md5sum files. Replace them with the ones from the .zip file that you saved earlier.

Eject your Glo and let it install the firmware and you will be back on 2.5.1. Do not let your Glo sync over WiFi. When you use the desktop software to sync, it will download the 2.6.1 update so you will need to delete the directory and files before disconnecting each time.

Do not try installing the 2.5.1 firmware over the 2.6.1 firmware unless you are fond of "interesting results". You need the factory reset to revert to the factory firmware and database before downgrading to 2.5.1.

Good luck,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 06-30-2013 at 02:19 AM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote