View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #819
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I agree, and of course, humor is so individual, hence our somewhat different reactions to various authors. Let's see, in PNR, Eve Langlais writes hot, funny novellas (I particularly like the FURRY coalition books, featuring amongst others, a werebunny, a were swan, and a were crocodile). Molly Harper's PNR books are cute. I don't find them as funny as many do, but they are definitely lighthearted.

I saw that One For the Money is on sale right now for $2.99. I was debating getting it, but have always been kind of put off by the fact that Stephanie apparently doesn't ever grow or change (I like the characters to evolve if they are in a continuing series).
There is very little character development in the Stephanie Plum series. It's like a sitcom. I suspect the last few books have been ghostwritten but the first 12 are really good. I really believe she originally intended 12 to be the final book. My favorite though is book 13. I don't know why... it just is. I am a huge Ranger fan. HUGE you can could say I'm obsessed. There is no other hero out there like him I have come across. Ms. Evanovich said Ranger was only suppose to be a small character roll but he kind of took over. I believe it. lol

I'll look into Eve Langlais. I love Molly Harper! I'm not sure yet which category to put her in.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote