View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 04:20 AM   #3
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2,Nook,ipad mini, iPad Air, galaxy S5, ipod touch 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan diVega View Post
For comics you really need a tablet, unless they're all in black and white. Even then you'd need a large e-ink reader to make sure reading them doesn't get really annoying, really fast.

If I were you, and had the cash, I'd get both an ereader and a 10" tablet. Other than size, which really needs to be 10", any tablet will do perfectly fine for reading comics. Any current internal specs will be sufficient and a resolution of 1280x800 is perfectly fine.

You ought to be able to pick up a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for cheap right around now, given that the Tab 3 has been announced. I've got the Tab 2 myself and find it perfect for comics. In fact, I can't really see how the higher resolution of the Nexus 10 or the last iPad could improve the experience more than very marginally.
I pretty much agree. I bought a comic once on the kindle just to see how it would look and it looses a lot when it's in black and white, also the refresh rate on e-ink devices is too slow IMO. I also think that 10 inches is the best size tablet for reading comics as apposed to the 7/8 inch ones. I sometimes read them on my ipad mini when out and about but when I'm at home I much perfect using my galaxy tab 2 10.1.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote