View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 05:00 AM   #3
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch 2G (16 GB)
Be careful not to remove any bolds or italics, which quite frankly are the essence - or the soul of a book.

Edit: I know that ABBYY FineReader will set various styles and sizes, when in fact there's just one size (and style) for the body text throughout the entire book!

It also assigns styles for bolds and italics, when in fact it should be using "<em>" and "<strong>" tags.

Edit #2: In order to strip the bad FineReader formatting, I always export from FineReader as RTF, open it in Word 2010 and run my custom macro (from the signature). Then I redo the layout (using styles) in InDesign - or, alternatively in Word using quick styles and then export as HTML.

Last edited by DSpider; 06-27-2013 at 05:21 AM.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote