View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #730
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I was thinking of the two tables used for the shelves. There will have been a mass of deletes and inserts to remove the old shelves, create the new shelves and put the books on them. That might have ended up with nicely organised tables and indexes.
Maybe. I finally got the authors collections with one collection of 231 books right and the time is 70 seconds for 549 collections with one 231 book collection, one 73 book collection etc. In the meantime, while flailing around in the calibre template language modifying one of PeterT's templates, I had 104 pages of collections and this took a whopping 4 minutes and 40 seconds to open the shelves with the same 1867 books. Four times as slow as with 55 pages of collections. (what is it doing with my poor books, shredding and rebuilding them?)

This seems to me to be about the same as 2.5.1 but I am not sure by any means.

However it is still an improvement over 2.3.3 or 2.2.3 whichever it was as largish collections have less impact

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote