View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #436
prosty
prosty began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Well, let's start from saying how it broke:
I don't know. No one touched the kindle, except from I plugged him into the PC to charge him up. Next thing I see when I turn him on - no books, everything archieved. So I though something froze/bugged/glitched. I rebooted the kindle and.. it froze on the screen with a boy under the tree. Well, so I read it's bricked due to some strange reason.

How did I try to unbrick it:
Downloaded the dvd of kubrick, mounted it into vmware player, gone through the wizard (being sure it's not connected when it shouldn't be, it's charged up). Everything went fine, I managed to go into the fastboot here, it flashed. Then I waited for the kindle to boot to diagnostic mode. Up untill now nothing on the screen changed (only boy under the tree was there), it flashed and (I guess) started loading the diagnostic mode. Then this appeared.

How it appears to be:
I click the power button while unplugged, it blinks green and turns off. However when connected to PC I can freely go to fastboot from kubrick, etc. Also I can make it restart, then the screen blinks... and it sets itself to what you have seen.
prosty is offline   Reply With Quote