View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #24
Sydney's Mom
I Bleed Cubby Blue
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Fire HDX and Samsung Tab 2 and Note 8
It's amazing the number of people who have gone completely electronic. Yes, a large number of people are still buying pbooks, but I believe the market of people who have gone completely electronic is larger. Not larger in numbers, but larger in the number of books they buy and read, and larger in disposable income. I think this stance of "No, you can't have our book" making me want it more is ridiculous. I now buy or borrow books based on what the library has in stock, and what new books I see on TV. Picked up a couple political books recently - one was under $12, but one was over, and I decided to wait and see if it comes down. But that isn't any different than pbooks.

I used to buy several hundred $$ of pblooks a year; I don't buy that many ebooks, because I just can't find ebooks I want to read that are priced at a level that I consider value for what they bring. For example, I bought a pbook of No Easy Day. When I finished reading it, I gave it to my husband. He gave it to his sister. I bet that book will get 10 readings before it goes to a library book sale. The Unwinding, which I bought as an ebook, will probably be read by me and my husband only. I have liberated the book, but I don't feel comfortable sending it outside our family. That makes each reading of No Easy Day $1.89, and each reading of The Unwinding at $5.98
If I could have passed The Unwinding around like I pass around pbooks, I would be willing to pay the same price.

Last edited by Sydney's Mom; 06-12-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Sydney's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote