View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #8
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That eBook is available for library purchase via Overdrive. Now if you want it and your library doesn't have it, you'll have to request that your library gets it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It varies by library but some take advantage of where you can recommended titles for purchase. There is quite a few indie titles that Overdrive carries. You just need to do a advance search and check the Additional titles to recommend box. If Overdrive carries it you can then click the recommend button by the cover and it will ask if you want to be notify when it is added and if you like to be auto added to the hold list.

I've use this several times. It's easy and the libraries usually adds it the next time they add titles to their catalog.
Thanks. I tried searching, and couldn't find it. But since you guys found it, I searched again, and lo and behold, I found it.

Quote:
... I've use this several times. It's easy and the libraries usually adds it the next time they add titles to their catalog.
I've had mixed results with this. I've found the surefire way is to just just drop an email. Plus there appears to be (a pretty low) limit on how many you can recomend through the website.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote