View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 09:30 AM   #35
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Doesn't matter. Buying an extra year just extends your membership by a year. It's better to renew early, in fact - it's $5 cheaper that way.
I'm already a member, having joined about 4 months ago. If I understand you correctly, you're saying that if I join, I'll be a member for about 22 more months?

I just added the membership to my cart and apparently the offer is still good. (I have yet to actually commit.)

I wonder what strategy this tells us about Fictionwise? Are they in need of an influx of capital, or is this just part of the different strategy (in a good way ) to get us hooked on buying from them?

I know that as a member for the past 4 months, I've bought just a little over 100 titles from them, as opposed to about 12 from Sony. The comparison may not be a good one, however, due to the higher prices at Sony -- ; although, come to think of it, Sony has released a number of free books lately, whereas Fictionwise typically makes available for free the yearly Nebula Award nominees in the shorter fiction categories only - and only available at a certain point in time.

Interesting....has anyone noticed a newer - heightened - level of freebies from legitimate publishers and authors? My thinking is that even the authors (as witness this site), are becoming more aggressive in the ebook marketing of their writings.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote