View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #18
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Searching ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post

I no longer trust publishers to know what will sell, and I think their disregard of OOP authors is very short-sighted. On the Dark Side, I've seen people put up scanned and corrected copies of OOP authors that are snapped up by folks who read those authors years ago and who have been just waiting for ebook copies of the pbooks they can no longer find to become available from publishers. That's sales that are just being thrown away; it's not even a matter of the old piracy debate because those books aren't even available for purchase.
The publisher may no longer have or never had the digital rights for the older OOP titles. Absence results from the author or his estate not offering it.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote