View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 05:45 AM   #1
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
New Source for PDF ebooks formatted for Sony Reader screen

I did a web-search for the bebook ebook reader and went to the web-site for it and found that it will handle PDF files (among other formats). The web-site claimed to have 20,000 free ebooks all formatted for the bebook reader so I went to the downloads section and decided to investigate. The number 20,000 of course means that it's the PG library so I downloaded a random book by J.S. Fletcher (whose writing I like) in the PDF format they claim is optimized for the bebook screen, to test it out on the Sony Reader (I have the 500).

These are formatted quite nicely in my opinion, they fit the Sony Reader screen very nicely, and will provide an excellent source for people who don't have the patience to do their own conversion from the PG text format or html format.

These files in PDF format are great for ALL the readers which use this same sized screen and support PDF, which is practically all current ebook readers, so for households with both Sony and Kindle (or any other of the current crop of readers which use the same screen) this is an ideal source of files -- no need for duplicates.

The URL for the ebook library for bebook reader is:
http://mybebook.com/download_free_ebook/

Of course they're many of the same books you can download free in LRF format from this group or manybooks.net or munseys.com but it may prove to be a great resource for some members of this group so I thought I would share it.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote