View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #43
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by my two cents View Post
I recently saw on cnet that the batteries are not very good. Maybe that is why the Vox was discontinued. Can't see myself investing in another Kobo.
Was it a recent cnet report on that almost two year old device? As far as i know, they discontinued it because a new model--the Arc-- was released. I had the Vox, not a great tablet, but not at all a bad reader with extra capabilities, which is what it was sold as being. It also had full access to the Play store fairly early on.

I recently used a Kobo Arc for a little while. Not bad at all, though I prefer my Nexus 7.

I like removable batteries, too. There are people who have succesfully replaced Kobo batteries--but they are not designed to be replaceable and you have to be fairly brave to do it. Then again, if trashing the machine is the alternative, then trying a replacement might seem more reasonable.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote