View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #37
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
I actually did use/test drive Word2HTML. The fact that I am not using it anymore should say enough. It does not fit my purposes. For one thing I do not want to add another tool. One other thing is that it did not work with Word styles and some more. I forgot, too long ago. It looked promising, but not enough.

Quite honest I am a bit offended by your remarks with regards to my add-in. To state that it does not work or is immature is not reflecting the truth or the actual situation. It does work as it is documented. That you expect more, fine, no problem. I actually said that you could create enhancement request and that I would take a look at it. I am always looking to improve, when it really adds something.
The current version only has one bug and that one is not very big, only a bit annoying and easily fixed. Actually, I was under the impression that it was already fixed in the version on my site. However, I am withholding a new version to build in some additional enhancements, at least one mentioned by you.
You are not beta-testing, I am. Most of the core functionality I use for many months/years already to full satisfaction. It can do much, much more that Word2HTML, as the actual HTML conversion/ePUB creation are the last steps. It is meant as a full shop toolset to clean up and fix Word documents from scan to a simple ePUB. The ePUB can then be finalized in Sigil. Let me say, there is NO tool out there with the same functionality as my toolset.

I work on this on my own as a hobby to help ME with my books creation. If others want to use it, fine. If others not, also fine. But, I also have a fulltime job and a family that needs attention. I cannot always respond within hours or even days. I try though.

If no bug reports are given, I cannot solve them. It is fun though, that I also published this on a dutch forum (an earlier version) and got a lot of feedback from the few people using it. Here it is downloaded much more and almost no feedback...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote