View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #532
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joques View Post
But I'm not comfortable with custom metadata cluttering up my files (and indeed it seems to create a conflict for the Kobo Extended Driver, at least for me), so I'd like to remove remove the metadata from my files once I've retrieved it and put it to use. Is there any way of doing this?
For extraneous metadata inside the epub you can use the plugin "Modify Epub", which will remove all column metadata from inside the epub (content.opf). Install the plugin from Preferences -> Plugins -> Get new plugins, "Remove non-dc metadata" is the option you're after.

If you have cluttered up the title column itself in calibre (I would advice against that) with extraneous info at the end of it, you could probably use the search and replace tab in the Bulk edit dialog to remove it, provided that the formatting is consistent. If you actually want that on some of your devices, you could probably use a plugboard, which many use to attach other columns such as series info to the title on transfer to the device. I haven't used them myself, but I think you would then use something like "{title} (#pages)" for your title field. This only runs when sending to a particular device.
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote