Thread: UUID creation?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #15
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeonis View Post
Actually, you gave the solution:

1. Create a new blank epub, copy the uuid
2. Paste it into your original OPF
3. Edit the original NCX with your new uuid
4. Delete the new blank epub to avoid that ...

Should work.
Yes, that would certainly work. Since Sigil has the ability to generate a new UUID it would be really nice to have a button, or switch to activate that functionality...opening/copying/pasting/closing is sooooo '80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch
The earth would stop rotating on its axis, and we'd all spin off.
Ah Hitch...making me dust off my Rocket Science Degree....it isn't the spinning of the Earth that keeps us attached, it is the force of gravity. As we all know F=Gm2m1/r^2 where G is the gravitational constant and m1/m2 are the masses of the two bodies and r is the distance between them. At no time is the angular speed of the Earth part of the equation. How do you think the astronauts could walk on the asteroid to plant the bomb in Armageddon?? Now if the Earth did stop spinning it would actually make it HARDER (in most non-polar insertions) to get into orbit, because we could not rely on that same angular speed (greatest at the equator) to contribute to the critical speed - the speed needed to achieve orbital velocity.....

Hello

Hello

Hitch, there is no sleeping during my lectures!!!

Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote