View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad, onhandpc, newton, zaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
I managed to compile the FOX gui toolkit for the Iliad. A small test program seems to run just fine.

FOX is a *very* nice cross-platform (C++ object oriented) gui toolkit. It supports Linux and windows. See: http://www.fox-toolkit.org/fox.html
Mmmmm... FOX calculator has been my desktop calculator for a while. I've also played with it a little (and it's nice in fact).

BUT...
(rant) Personally it's that I'm not that fond of programming in C++. Back when I learned it I was enthusiastic of C++, but I've been bitten with too creative C++ done by others that I now prefer to use languages I can master in it entirety. Anyway that leaves the problem of windowing toolkits... there are some quite interesting options in C++: FOX, FLTK2, and Qt4... personally I usually end doing GUIs in tcl/tk or using (eek!) SDL... and that doesn't work for complex ones; unresolved matter for me(/rant)
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote