View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #192
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Because of this, it is hard to perceive a non-lit piece of technology useless. If it's good enough on a paper book, it's good enough on e-ink screens.
Sorry, but to me it isn't. The frontlight adds a lot of brightness and clarity, even when there is enough ambient light to read by. The reason is that a paperback, even an old one, is much brighter under the same lighting conditions as an unlit ereader. I can read a paperback at lower light levels than I can read an e-ink screen.

The frontlit ereader improves in a way I can't even describe with words (<-- put this in the relevant rant thread ), besting the paperback in the one and final advantage it had. Only because of that I wouldn't want to use an unlit ereader as my primary device anymore.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote