View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
mzmm
Groupie
mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: iPad, Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr10463 View Post
220 corresponds to the real page number. Why they made a link to the index file: I don't know!
for ease of navigation? in case they accidentally click on a footnote? i almost always make links back/forth so the reader can get back to wherever they were for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr10463 View Post
Well, here is some exemplary code...

This is the code in the chapter file:
<a href="../Text/anhang3.html#ir_9_220" id="in_9_220">ANY_TEXT</a>

This is the code in the index file:
<a href="../Text/chapter03.html#in_9_220" id="ir_9_220">220</a>

220 corresponds to the real page number. Why they made a link to the index file: I don't know!

It looks that way, that all links in the chapter files have a similar ID construct, starting with id="in_*_*".

Maybe anyone can help ...
if there's absolutely no other option than to remove what seems like a probably useful addition to your ebook, you could use this (definitely test it before doing a globaly find/replace):

Code:
find:<a[^#]+#ir[^>]+>(.*?)</a>

repl:\1
this is going to kill all your links, and again, i kind of can't believe there's no other solution you could use to keep the index in there.

regardless, it's probably a good idea to backup your file in case you decide to switch distribution in the future.
mzmm is offline   Reply With Quote