View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #346
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Glo, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondog View Post
hi , please somebody tell me what are the steps to downgrade my kobo glo, because i reset my kobo and put the 2.4.0 , and when i turn on my kobo this ask me all the time to connect to wifi or pc and then install the latest firmware wich i dont want
Connect to the PC, go through the upgrade, registration, etc. After it's all done, don't eject your Glo. Close the Kobo desktop application, locate the drive for your Glo's internal storage, open the .kobo directory and delete the KoboRoot.tgz, manifest.md5sum and the upgrade directory found in it. Then eject your Glo.

After this just avoid upgrading -- no WiFi, delete the files again next time you connect to your PC, etc. There was a hack editing a file that kept a Kobo from upgrading but that does not work anymore. Also a mention of setting the firmware version in the sqlite database to prevent upgrading. I'm not sure if that still works either. It might be worth searching this forum for that information.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote