View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #207
dider
dider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: kindle4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai771 View Post
@dider
The file you attached can comfortably be read manually setting bbox and using fit-to-content-width mode.
This whole bbox thing sounded like Latin to me. And then I read troyme's post and followed the link.

Quote:
Many pdf files don’t have defined bounding box (bbox), or they have it defined incorrectly, so it’s best to define it manually. Since first page is usually the cover, and the few pages after are table of contents etc, navigate to the page with normal text using next page/previous page buttons first, and then:

Press Shift-X, or select Menu/Settings/Manually set BBox. A dialog saying “top left bbox” will appear. Press fiveway right and down, and you’ll see a crosshairs. You can change the step of moving them pressing Q for large, A for normal and Z for small on K3/KDX, and ScreenKB for small, Menu for normal and Home for large on K4NT.
Move the crosshairs to the top left corner of the area you want selected. Press fiveway center.
Do the same for the bottom right corner. When you press fiveway center, your selection will blink.
[4]. Many books have different margins for odd and even pages. In the previous step, you set BBox for one of them - it said which one in the “top left bbox” dialog. Press next page button, and repeat what you did in the previous step.

[5]. Navigate back to the page you want to start reading from, and then choose Menu/Zoom & Rotate/Fit-to-content-width (or press “S”) if it’s a one-column text. If it’s a two-column text, select Menu/Zoom & Rotate/2-column mode (or press “F”) instead.
I've just tried it. This is absolutely amazing. I never knew I could do that in Librerator.

Last edited by dider; 05-18-2013 at 03:51 PM.
dider is offline   Reply With Quote