View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #68
Caleb666
Connoisseur
Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
The NYT report has other quotes. Just as damning, though:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/15/te...ing.html?_r=1&

Quote:
[...] After Random House finally agreed to a contract on Jan. 18, 2011, Eddy Cue, the Apple executive in charge of its e-books deals, sent an e-mail to Mr. Jobs attributing the publisher’s capitulation, in part, to “the fact that I prevented an app from Random House from going live in the app store,” the filing reads. [...]
So that's where Sargent got the idea!
I know that this thread mostly deals with the price-fixing thing, but the quote above also shows you how evil the whole concept of a centralized app store is. That is a clear example of Apple blocking someone's app for no good reason (I wonder if this violates their own app publishing license agreement?).
Caleb666 is offline   Reply With Quote