View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 and Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by romanas View Post
its very hard for me totaly newbee to understand how to creat mobipocket file. When im extracting chm file into html there are a lot of directories and a lot of html files. In tutorial book is very simple and my file for me is to difficult
Did importing the CHM directly via Windows MobiPocket Reader fail? What the Reader does internally is create the HTMLs and then converts them to MOBI, but the other tools that RWood mentioned may do a better job of getting to the HTML stage.

If I was using ABC Amber CHM Converter I would try either single file HTML or LIT output. Single file HTML should be easy to make into MOBI, except that the file is huge. LIT is also very easy to convert to MOBI, and this may be better if the conversion was done well by ABC. First "explode" the LIT, using ConvertLIT, into an OEB ebook (HTMLs, IMAGEs, and an .opf metadata file), then convert this to MOBI using MobiPocket Creator by giving it the .opf file. MOBI is a derivative of the OEB file format, and so works very well from expoded LITs.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote