View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 12:16 AM   #14
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai View Post
Then, irregardless, I could care less... Most of my big pet peeves have been mentioned already. (Commas, apostrophes, ellipses and the likes don't tend to bother me so much.) My biggest issue in the realm of bad grammar, especially if the person is fond of reading or, worse, an English major - "I defiantly know what you're saying." I don't know whether these people even realise that defiantly is a word all of its own... It's just not that hard to type definitely. Double negatives are particularly irksome, too - Pink Floyd comes to mind. "We don't need no education..."
If I didn't already know that I don't know anybody, I'd think that you must know me. I defiantly know what you're saying. While I could have typed "definitely" it wouldn't really have encapsulated what I meant to convey. I guess that leaves us at a crevasse.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote