View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #321
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Unless I misunderstand, the device firmware version changes only as the result of an actual firmware upgrade. The editing of the version file will stick -- which is the file that is checked against looking for updates.
My memory said that if I changed the version number in the version file, it was displayed on the device information screen. I thought I had done this in the past. But, my memory might be wrong as it doesn't do this with 2.5.2.

But, what has changed is that the version file is rewritten when the device is restarted. Or it did the two times I tried it last night. That means that changing the version file isn't as useful as it was.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote