View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #13
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
Because Kobo seems to be using Adobe's software straight up... which doesn't support reflow, among other things. Amazon didn't either, last I looked. I think only Sony did anything different, or Onyx.

It's been mentioned here in the forums before. You don't get a lot of choices for heavy PDF support with ereaders. Adobe is, ironically, one of the worst at supporting it.
The Adobe RMSDK does support PDF reflow:
www.adobe.com/devnet/readermobile.html

While it is listed as a "New Feature" I'm pretty sure it has done this for at least a couple of years.

That said, I have never found reflow a very pleasant reading experience as there are usually many formatting artifacts that must be tolerated.

Sony probably has the best support and the most options (including reflow and on-device cropping).

BTW are you SURE Kobo does not have reflow? on Sony (and Nook ST) when you adjust the font size it invokes reflow.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote