View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #10
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by moofychops View Post
After reading all the above posts, perhaps I was being hasty in wanting to sell off my Aura HD.
I sat and read a whole novel through last night (in epub) and the experience was superb, the quality and the clarity of the print was a delight to use.
Therefore the Aura HD will become a 'keeper' and I will buy a cheap Tablet with PDF reflow for my textbooks.
Thank you all
Ron
Looking back at your post, I realised that you wanted to change the size to make your pdfs readable on your Aura. Although there is no reflow and therefore no way to change the "font size" per se, you do know that you can zoom them, right? When I make a PDF fit to screen LR, I find the text size very readable.

Note: Right now there is a bug when using PDF that makes ghosting bad when moving around within a zoomed PDF. To get around this you can:
a) set the page refresh to 1 Page
b) tap to have the menu pop up and then close the menu, this also refreshes.

Note 2: If you wanted reflow not just to be able to change the font size, but also for highlighting, dictionary use and annotations, then it's true you partially lose these functions on your Aura. You can use dictionary, but must type in word. No highlighting is possible. Annotations are possible to make on bookmarks, but since you can't highlight, you can only make annotations per page not per selected text.

Since you referred to textbooks, I thought you might have more problems trying to read reflowed text, as any textbook that uses anything besides words (graphs, equations, etc etc) is unlikely to reflow properly anyway. This last comment is not based on personal experience as I don't have a device that reflows, but rather on comments from others who have stated that reflow is really only useful for novels or similar with no extras beyond writing. And based on my initial attempts to change some linguistic papers to epub before reading that any such engine is going to wreck formatting in a way not appropriate for something that isn't just words. And that reflow was similar.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote