View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #7
Argel
Opinionated [but right]
Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS 505, Kindle International, HTC Desire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I don't think we are close to the tipping point. I don't think even Blu-Ray DVD players have reached the tipping point. I think HDTV is just hitting the tipping point.
BOb
IMHO you're right. Tipping points in consumer technology only tend to come when ordinary users realize - often very suddenly - that there is no longer any point in preferring the older product to the new.

In cameras it came when the effective resolution of inexpensive digital cameras equalled that of film for the average-sized snapshot - ie most people couldn't tell the difference any more. So why bother with film? Tip.

We're far from that point with liseuses [so much more stylish], for reasons of flexibility, robustness and, not least, price. When we get to something which is as sturdy as a paperback, as easy to navigate and costs less than $100, then stand back. Tip.

Until that time, I shall continue to feel superior as I ostentatiously read my Cybook in public.
Argel is offline   Reply With Quote