View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #30
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I considered doing that. Replacing the files in the upgrade directory with the equivalents from a newer firmware package should work. The database is the only missing file. It should be somewhere in the firmware, but I can't think of where. If not, a logout and in with the desired firmware would should give you the file you want.
The database is the sticking point now. What I'm looking at is either your suggestion or a factory reset, firmware update and grabbing the database immediately after the update finishes. Having looked through multiple versions of the firmware, I've come to the conclusion that the copy in the recovery partition is the only copy around.

So far, I've managed to freeze my Glo several times but the last time, a pinhole reset and manual copy of the database got it working. At this time, I'm looking at how I'm creating the db.tgz and am booting an Ubuntu virtual machine to try from Linux rather than Windows.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote