View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #63
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl001 View Post
Too late for me. And not necessarily a great move from a business perspective. Like MV64 mentioned, they made money on the store, not the hardware. Now they won't have any means to make a decent profit on it. This was a desperate move by a failing company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
I'd have to disagree. I now have a tablet computer for a much cheaper price than an iPad, I'm not tied to iTunes, I can now buy Kindle books directly or Nook books or sideload whatever books I want, and I can now put any app I want on it. I'll pick up a 32GB micro SD card for it for about $24 so my total cost for a 48GB color HD tablet is going to be $194 - slightly cheaper than a 32GB iPad for $599.00. Yeah, I don't have a camera in it but I wouldn't use it anyway.
Why are you comparing a 7" nook color HD with a 10" iPad?
An 32GB iPad mini is $429. That is still far more expensive than a 48GB nook color HD. Your point can still be made without having to tap into your anti-Apple bigotry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
There are a lot of us out here who have no interest in drinking the Apple Kool-aid for one reason or another. B&N can make money selling their device to that market.
Why does it always have to come down to the accusation that people who buy Apple products are mindless drones who are in a religious hynotic state to all things Apple?

It appears by your posts that you are insecure. One common way to deal with insecurity is to tear down those who disagree with one's own views to help make themselves feel better. Some of us understand that. Self-esteem is not derived by a personal attachment to an electronic device.

I agree with pl001 that this is a desperate move by B&N. They squandered the good will and attention that they received with the introduction of the nook color. Easy to root. Easy to convert into an android tablet. They took way too long to update the product. And the update wasn't much of one when it finally arrived. The nook color vs. nook tablet seemed to be straining for differentiation.

Just because it is a desperate move by B&N doesn't mean that there aren't benefits to consumers. IMO, I suspect that this is the last push to clear existing inventory. Anyone interested in one, should keep a keen eye on clearance sales and jump on it.

Although I have a variety of tablets, I'm waiting for the HD+ to appear for less than $150 and then I'll grab one.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote