View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 04:37 AM   #11
Vanessa
French newbie
Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: iLiad v2 and Sony PRS-T1
Hi ! If you can rotate the screen when you use Beaver, why not ^^
The point for screen rotation is that you don't get ugly dirty things when the screen refreshes.
Example : you're in Abiword / Beaver, whatever text editor. You have two choices : either you select a HUGE font to type and you see what you do, either you work in a 200% zoom.
Problem for the zoom solution : when you type, the screen is slowly adjusting to go to the right (sorry, I'm not very clear, but it adjusts itself to center the text you're typing.). With the iLiad's slow screen refresh, you get a blur of letters and sentences, every single second the iLiad refreshes, so you never have a single line of readable text.
I still have to try the huge font solution, but I'd prefer to have the full height turned as width, so that I can use Abiword (or Beaver) in page width mode, have readable text, minimize screen refresh problems, and be able to work (almost) as if on my computer.

For Beaver, I'll try to install it today, to see it in action. Actually, I need a text editor that can read and edit .doc files. I'm a writer and a corrector in a publishing house, so my use of the iLiad would be mainly reading manuscripts, correcting .doc files also in the bright sun, and why not, go on with my own novel

BTW, I live in Coppet, 10km from Nyon and 13km from Geneva (Coppet is between Geneva and Nyon, and 3km away from Divonne (France). In the canton de Vaud).
French or swiss-german ? ^^ I know Basel is a bilingual city, so I'm wondering
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote