View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #23
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
What I do when I need a name for a role playing character, I think of something that describes the character in some way. Then I use Google Translate to translate it into another language. I'll adapt the word(s) that come out as I see fit, and then they form the name. Let's say, for the human prince has striking blond hair, and his description is "golden-haired".

Translate from English into Finnish:

Gold: Kulta
Hair: Hiukset

Change Hiukset to Hukset so it can be pronounced more easily.

There you have it. Prince Kulta Hukset.
Pronounciation: KUL-ta HUK-set.

Just an example, but this is the way I find names for my characters

Names that come out this way are by no means stranger, weirder, or more stupid than the ones the great fantasy authors think up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I'm thinking of the Monty Python sketch
LOL. I love that sketch / movie. The part where the minstrel is cut of:

"And his bottom burned off, and his p..."
- "Ho! That's enough music for now, lads!"

It always reminds me of this scene from Star Trek TNG.

Data: "There was a young lady from Venus, who's body was shaped like a..."
Picard: "Captain to security, come in!"
Data: "Did I say something wrong?"

Cracks me up every time :P
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote