View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook*, nexus 10
About a year ago I was gifted the Bose Quiet Comfort 15, and they are very good at isolating and cancelling noise. Just by putting them on the noise diminishes significantly, and then when you turn them on, it nearly disappears. They work extremely well with the kind of noise generated by aircraft (a continuous rumble), and a bit less so with conversations and other kinds of noise - it is heavily attenuated, but not eliminated. However, once you start playing some music, in my experience, you won't be able to hear anything other than the music.

They use a AAA battery that lasts about 35h, though I seem to get more than that. They are a bit pricey at about $250, but well worth the money if you need some quietness or are a frequent flyer.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote