View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 05:05 AM   #544
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldin View Post
I just finished listening to Jack McDevitt's Seeker, the third of his Alex Benedict books. As with the first two, this is a mystery involving sifting through tons of data to solve a problem that goes back a long, long time (9,000 years, in this case). I found it engrossing.
I love the Alex Benedict series. I also have this in audio, a very good narration too. My favorite so far was Polaris. Haven't listened to Echo and Firebird, but I own those two in paper.

I have recently finished the Blackstone version of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, which I can recommend. Also finished Stephen King's 11/22/63. Competent narration and the story kept me interested, though I think it could have been a little shorter in the middle part.

I am now listening to Terry Pratchett's The Wee Free Men, the first book in the Tiffany Aching series (set on Discworld, but not a "classic" Discworld novel). I have read the book ages ago and finally wanted to pick up the series again, so I got myself the audiobook at Downpour.

I am also listening to The Drowning Girl by Caitlin R. Kiernan. I am enjoying it, but since somebody here returned it to Audible because he hated it, I'd say it's not everyone's cup of tea. I tend to like Kiernan's stuff, this is not the first book of hers that I enjoy (I have already listened to Threshold and The Red Tree which made me come back for more).
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote