View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #154
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, PB360, Kobo Glo/AuraHD/Aura6"/AuraH2O
Follow-up on posts #143/#151

@davidfor,

After experimentation with mixed results, this is my update on

Problem 1: For books without Series data, 7 of 8 had their Kobo Series field populated with the first char of the book Title after the follow-up connect/disconnect cycle.

Problem 2: For books with Series data, 2 of 24 books did not register a tick in the 'On device' column after the follow-up connect, even though they were still on the Kobo. Hence the Series data never got transferred and the Kobo series display was blank.

Re: problem 1: I simplified the KoboTouch save template from
Code:
Books/{author_sort} - {series}{series_index:0>2s| | - }{title}
to
Code:
Books/{author_sort} - {title}
I'm pleased to say this seems to have fixed it. As I'm not desperately attached to my original Save Template, I'll consider this problem finished.

Re: problem 2: Changing the Save Template didn't fix this one, but simplifying the metadata plugboard to
Code:
{author_sort} --> authors
from a combination of author_sort and abbreviated series (more detail in the attached zip) did make the problem go away.

I guess this will be an acceptable workaround for now, but I set up the original plugboard so that Kobo booklists, when sorted by Author, were automatically in Author/Series/index sequence. If I can get that back I'll be even happier. I used the latter plugboard for the last 6 months without problems on fw 2.1.5

The debug logs and metadata.calibre copies for problem 2 are in the attached zip, with a step-by-step of exactly what I did detailed in the ReadMe file.

Good luck, and thanks for your help so far
Attached Files
File Type: zip davidfor.zip (23.7 KB, 58 views)
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote