View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #153
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
What I can do is to change the "Set series info" option to "Set other metadata". Then have it set the series info, publisher, published date and ISBN. I already have code to do most of it. The only concern is performance. The first connect after sending a lot of books will take more time, but after that, it should be OK.

Opinions anyone?
This would be a nice feature, I know the publisher/date/ISBN info is usually in the book but it is good to be able to see it without opening the book and the various changes to reading status etc. that entails.

I think those people who like to manage the series information for books on the device would probably be the ones who would also like to see the other metadata, and so might be happy with it taking a bit extra time after sending new books.

The only issue I see is that those who want to manage the series info by appending it to the book title and/or creating series shelves instead of using Kobo's series fields would not be able to add just the publisher/date/ISBN info. But then they would be no worse off than they are now without the option.

Last edited by GeoffR; 04-27-2013 at 02:59 PM. Reason: spelling
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote