View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #103
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I wrote my first post in this thread after I had only used the Aura for an hour or so. I have revised my thinking about some of what I wrote.
  • Now that I have used it for a longer period of time, I guess my muscles memory has kicked in and I am not getting having to double press at all. The downside is that I spent a little while on a Touch today and it seemed really clunky and I was double pressing a lot.
  • I still think the new home screen is too crowded and that the small size of some book covers makes them very difficult to read. Now that I have dismissed some things and opened a bunch of books, I have things arranged so that this is a bit better. I think that the new books on the homescreen are particularly annoying with tiny covers.
  • I continue to be delighted by the speed of the device. It's especially noticeable when processing new content.
  • I really like the display. I know people complain about the bottom space, but I did a comparison of two pages set up exactly the same way on the Glo and the Aura. I found that the Aura displayed 4 more physical lines of text, but 8 additional lines worth of content (that is, 8 lines that were on the next page on the Glo appeared on the original page of the Aura).
  • The higher density screen has resulted in a greater degree of satisfaction with reading with the light entirely off. With my glo I had the light on all of the time because the clarity of he text seemed better with the light on.
  • From my perspective, the amount of text on the screen really does make the Aura look and read more like a paper book.
Great post! I got my sweaty little paws on a display Aura this week.

I was having to double/triple press everything to get it to respond.

I didn't like the home screen at all - very crowded and the thumbnails were soooo tiny.

I did like the display of books and the size of the reader - it didn't look big and clunky.

And the higher density screen was readily apparent.
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote