View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #22
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledelectron View Post

The reasons I did not go with an IPAD when it first came out were:
(1) Proprietary Apple stuff never works as well as open stuff.
(2) The lack of a file-system browser.
(3) An XP tablet was about the same price as an IPAD.
(4) The lack of a changable battery.
(5) The lack of any card slot whatsoever. (I played with an IPAD once, and after 12 hours could not get 3 books to copy onto its internal memory.)

Has any of this changed?
1) to each his own... I find the Apple stuff works better or just as well compared to Android, which I went into with an open mind, and now I have a Nexus 7 I never use.

2) I believe there are solutions to that. Can't speak to them as I have not used any.

3) XP tablet? No thanks.

4) iPad battery life is incredible, and I have never had a problem with it wearing out. I let it fully drain once a month.

5) hasn't been too much of an issue for me with cloud storage and the Filebrowser app that let's me grab files off my networked computers.

Of course the best reason to get an iPad, for anyone who reads, is: Marvin. The best darn ereader on the planet.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote