Originally Posted by raist1976
I think I found a small bug on the command line xray generator.
After successfully entering on shelfari 434 Characters on the Path of Daggers (I deserve a medail of honor
), 8th book of the Wheel of Time from Robert Jordan, I managed to generate the xray file but it was not working, giving me a SX error.
I saw that it was a symptom of unvalid xray file.
I opened the file with a text editor and noticed some strange caracters on some descriptions : on notepad++, a black square with "xC2" inside. This seems an UTF8 caracter.
I compared with the descriptions I entered on shelfari and I noticed that every time that I put a set of parenthesis in a description, the xray builder transformed the parenthesis and all the text inside by such a caracter :
bla bla bla (and so for) bla bla bla --> bla bla bla xC2 bla bla bla.
After editing the xray file and puting back the correct description with parenthesis, my xray file works, yey !
Intriguing! I updated the code on the repo with what is hopefully a fix (and doesn't break anything else). I'll update the downloads later.