View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 03:30 AM   #225
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalij View Post
How did you do this?
I would like to do the same thing for german translation.
Quick and dirty way:
  1. Log in to shelfari with your amazon account
  2. Click on the books tab and search for any
  3. At the bottom of the page you will find a note "If you can’t find the book you’re looking for, create a new book. If you see duplicate books, combine them"
  4. Click "create a new book"
  5. Follow directions
At the end you should have your language edition of the book. Still looking how to add the translation to an existing book, but this not needed to run XRayBuilder.

Then download XRayBuilder from googlecode, unpack it into a dir of your choice.
I wasn't able to run it by dragging and dropping the mobi file on it so I did it via CMD (actually I don't like Win CMD when dealing with very long prompts and command lines and I useConEmu or Console which are truly resizable).
  • Run the tool passing the book as an argument.
  • Enter your shelfari URL
  • CTRL-C when it asks if you're ok with the aliases downloaded from Shelfari
  • Enter the ext directory and edit the "yourbook.aliases" file as described on the readme file (It seems to me that aliases are case sensitive - check it just in case) and save
  • Run again the previous command and press "Y" or "Enter" when needed
  • At the end you should have an out directory with your xray file
  • Copy the xray file to your kindke device into the yourbook.sdr folder
When you open the menu while reading your book you should now find the "X-Ray" tab.

Last edited by pirl8; 04-22-2013 at 06:36 AM.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote