Thread: KOBO Rocks!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 02:41 AM   #27
Fourl29
Connoisseur
Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
For me, "how I want" means in my choice of font, margins, and line spacing. This is why Kobo won my custom in the first place, and it's how it's holding it (along with the high quality lighting system).
Their lighting system was pretty good, albeit with a tendency to output a blueish hue, but it's always been well behind the industry leader which is amazon with its paperwhite implementation. As far as I can tell from the videos they 've not improved on it with the aura hd. Now in terms of choice of font, margins and line spacing, I don't know which device you are referring to that doesn't have user settings for these. They all pretty much allow you to read with your preferences, kobo has more customizations that's all, and you can hack the kindle relatively easily to get more customization there as well. And I 'd rather hack the kindle (though so far I am pretty content as is so I 've not hacked it, although I thought that would be what I 'd do first), so, yeah, I 'd rather hack a good and stable software for more choice than go with buggy frustrating software for the more options.

(am I the only one getting constant questions under my post to reply to for what I suppose is verification purposes? What's with that, first time I come across it in any forum.)
Fourl29 is offline   Reply With Quote