Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #224
savbeowulf
Enthusiast
savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
Interesting. I do wonder if that is just marketing doing their job of getting people to think "ooh, I like it, but it won't be around for long, best get one now!", and when it sells very well, possibly due to this limited nature, it's then changed to be a mainstream product.
The question then is, would those who purchased it for the fact it would be a limited edition be annoyed that it's no longer as exclusive as it was once meant to be? People can be *very* funny when it comes to things like that and it could do more harm than good. Of course the mainstream model could be slightly different than the limited one, perhaps 2GB instead of 4GB, or maybe only available in Ivory?
Read somewhere that 300, 000 screens were offered by eink to Barnes And Nobel but were turned down so they were snapped up by Kobo hence the limited run. Please take this with the appropriate pinch of salt as can not 100% confirm but if I remember right the source was quoted as being reliable in the past!
savbeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote