Yes. Another "recommend me something to read" thread. Except different
I could peruse the many other recommendation threads, but that would still involve me having to actually make a choice
. Clearly, the current "selection funk" I'm in hinges on my ability to choose—an ability that seems to have temporarily abandoned me—so I'm not going to (choose). You are. I'm going to read what the first person tells
me to read—the first person to give me a title that falls within certain parameters, that is.
- Immediately available as an ebook (in the U.S.).
- Something I've not already read.
- Speculative (whether scifi, fantasy, horror, or some fast & loose hybrid thereof) would be nice, but should not be considered a requirement.
- Quirky (maybe not outright humor, but something slightly offbeat/weird).
- Not part of any series. That one's quite firm, I'm afraid. I don't care if that very special book you're just dying to suggest could be read all by itself if I chose to do so; if it's part of a series ... it's out. Period. Circumvention of the "no series rule" through the omnibus loophole won't be tolerated, either.
- Obviously "good" is quite subjective, but I would prefer not to be punk'd with anything atrocious just because it meets my criteria.
First title that doesn't break
any of the rules gets read. GO!
I promise not to lie about having read it or not, if you promise not to waste time trying to thwart the "not part of any series" rule through the usual semantic hooey.