View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 AM   #302
Reaper1242
Reaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
WARNING: Make sure you are loading the correct version of the firmware for your particular device. Yes, this means the one you are holding in your hands.

Please also be aware that SameerH, the Kobo product manager, made a veiled threat in a post after the 2.4 came out that there may be additional problems with sideloading firmware in the future.
Thought I'd just drop my 2 cents about this in the hopes that SameerH or anyone from Kobo might read it.

If Kobo released versions quicker we wouldn't need to sideload. As it stands, in South Africa you still can't get 2.4 through official channels, never mind 2.4b. We probably won't see 2.5 until 2 versions after it's been released.
I understand the need to stagger releases but if some users are still not getting them 2 months later then you need to evaluate it.

And after all that I really doubt they'll ever read this or care.
Reaper1242 is offline   Reply With Quote