Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #50
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
It is interesting that the Aura comes with 4GB onboard storage. As the screen resolution of readers increases ebooks are just going to get bigger and bigger, I don't think 2GB will be enough for most people for too much longer.
Huh?? Unlike a video file where higher resolutions result in larger files though improvements in compression technology have kept that size increase down, I can't see how an increase in screen resolution would affect the size of the ebook. I read the same ebook on multiple devices with resolution varying from 360x480 to 2048x1536. What I do notice is the higher resolution devices do better at displaying characters since they can spend more pixels on each character but that has no effect on the size of the ebook. The only way I can see a massive increase in the size of ebook would be adding more images to the ebook. An example would be more comics and manga being published in epub format rather than CBZ/CBR format. Otherwise, I can't see any good reason for the majority of ebooks adding masses of images.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 04-15-2013 at 10:06 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote