View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Battery life really depends on how people use it--things like if WiFi is always on, if the light is always used when reading. I expect the page turning to be faster. They are talking about a different technology for it, and it is not like more than 1 GHz is required for that. I know that in the past, speed for that kind of thing has improved greatly as the developers continued to work on it. It has not been a hardware issue for a very long time.

The Aura is about an inch wider and two inches taller. I ordered one and will report back on how it feels in my small hands. I did not get a cover. if that oddly shaped back is supposed to make holding it a better experience, then I didn't see the point in going for a flat backed cover. Besides, they are saying that the screen is much more durable than previous models and I don't expect to take it out of my house, except when it goes away on holidays with me.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote