View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, PB360, Kobo Glo/AuraHD/Aura6"/AuraH2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but there must be one file (or two one for kepub, one for epub) that hosts all supported css/html tags and defines all default settings.
Using info in the original thread referenced in the OP, I'm not sure whether userStyle.css actually exists as a permanent file or whether it's built on the fly as needed. I have no Linux skills but if you unzip a copy of your firmware update file and dig deep enough there is a file called libadobe.so (somewhere like KoboRoot/usr/local/Kobo/libadobe.so) If opened in a simple text editor, you can search for the string userStyle. There's only one hit (in fw 2.1.5) which is the path res:///userStyle.css. Just above this there is css code which looks like some default css created from parameters set in the Kobo user font settings screen.

I don't know whether someone who knows Linux might be able to SAFELY edit that adobe file before letting the update run. I do know that someone isn't me

I really don't know much at all about kepubs as I don't have any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Maybe it will work if you place your css in the fonts directory. This directory path is predefined by the system for locating external fonts.

Code:
@import url(file:///fonts/my.css");
Not for me. Again going back to the original thread referenced in the OP, in post #12 I documented that I found that if you want to reference sideloaded fonts directly from epub css then they are to be found in 4 subdirectories:
res:///fonts/normal/
res:///fonts/italic/
res:///fonts/bold/
res:///fonts/bolditalic/
not in res:///fonts or file:///mnt/onboard/fonts where you might have expected to be able to reference them. Based on tschering's disk file list (post #14), these 4 subdirectories do not appear to physically exist.

Unfortunately, I don't have the technical know-how to investigate further.

Edit: I see in the current fw version (v2.5.0), the file containing the default css is no longer libadobe.so (fw v2.1.5) but libnickel.so.1.0.0 in the same directory.

Last edited by jackie_w; 04-18-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: correction
jackie_w is online now   Reply With Quote