View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #62
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
@nick-tech
> Is it safe to update to 5.3.2.1?
Safe as in not loosing your books? I didn't loose mine when I upgraded.
Safe as in not bricking your KT? Read the pinned post about Kubrick. It's a live disk that can unbrick your kindle - or even take it back to 5.1.2 after the upgrade.

> Will the jailbreak still be working?
You'll need to reapply jailbreak, dev-certs, jbpatch as a minimum. Read the first post in the pinned KUAL Unified Application Launcher thread. There you can find an archive of pre-requisites. The pre-requisites for KUAL are the same for jbpatch, I believe.

> Can I use jbpatch again?
see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1364
Be aware that jbpatch for 5.3.2.1 has fewer features than 5.1.2 -
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote