Thread: E-bookshops
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy W View Post
So, if I wanted to use ConvertLit and download MS Reader books from the bookshops, I would not be able to do it on a Mac?
ConvertLIT works on a Mac (you just need the key file from your Windows PC), but you can't buy Secure LIT ebooks except using Explorer from a Windows PC with an authorized version of MS Reader.

Given that MOBI support is days away (Hanlin supports Mobi now?), I suggest sticking with MOBI. Its DRM can also be cracked, using mobidedrm, so you won't be stuck with unreadable ebooks if the BeBooks's Secure MOBI support isn't good enough. With MOBI, you can register the "PID" of up to 4 devices per ebook. You can't register the PID of a Mac (since there is no Reader for the Mac), so you may have to wait for the Secure MOBI support on the BeBook to get a usable PID (or register the PID from any Windows computer you have access to). The actual ebooks can be downloaded with any web browser on any computer.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote